SKETCHING WITH INK AND WATERCOLOUR
With Janet Hayes
Janet will show you how to create sketches in ink and use watercolour to add colour. Ink and
watercolour is an ideal sketching combination for travelling, and a quick easy way to capture
landscape, buildings and your favourite things. This day will contain a combination of exploring
different techniques with watercolour and creating finished sketches.
- Skills needed for ink and watercolour sketching
- Some basic watercolour techniques
- Professional guidance- exercises, demonstrations and one on one help
- Several finished ink and watercolour sketches
- Paper A5 or A4 Art Spectrum Draw and Wash rough texture pad (approx $11-$20) or similar, you will need 4- 6 sheets so you may just like to bring 1 sheet of watercolour paper to cut up 200gsm - 300gsm cold press medium to rough texture Waterproof black ink pen .1 - .05 (approx $5) 1H graphite pencil (approx $2) Small watercolour set such as a round Koh-i-Noor colour set (approx $6) or a set of at least 6 half pans with palette, (approx $50) (Koh-i-Noor colour sets and half pan sets are great for travelling and outdoor work), or at least 6 watercolours tubes e.g. : lemon yellow, cadmium yellow deep, ultramarine blue, prussian blue, crimson, cadmium red, black (approx $35) plus a plastic palette (can be a plastic plate) 2 x Number 6 round taklon brushes (approx $10 ) Total: $34 - minimum, maximum $87 depending on what you would like to spend, any queries will be addressed in the first session The art shop in Power road Bayswater have all these materials and you can also order them over the internet.
- Some watercolours, brushes, pencils, pens and paper will be available in class if you don't have what is required.
Wear comfy clothes, Apron we will be working with ink and watercolours
Beginners to intermediate
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub or organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub classes and events or on YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub 's premises. (For use of YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub marketing materials).
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a refund or transfer. Cancellations within 48hrs will receive a 90% refund (we have to pay the weteachme fee regardless)
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through info@yava,org.au.